The Senior Thesis is a major research paper that every student at St. John Paul II High School completes during their senior year. This paper serves as a capstone work in which students are required to integrate and apply what they have learned through their study of Theology and the Catholic faith into their research of a contemporary issue facing society. Students compose a college-level research paper and also present and defend their research before a panel of St. John Paul II High School faculty.
Some examples of contemporary issues are:
1. Child Soldiers
2. Human Trafficking
4. Death Penalty and Capital Punishment
5. Just War- In light of 21st Century Warfare.
6. Racism and racial inequalities
7. Social Justice Issues in Education
8. Abuse of the Legal System-Justice Issues in trials-are they influenced by ethnic or economic factors
9. Gun Control, Arms Race, Weapons
10. Our role in protecting the environment related to Church teaching.