Student of the Week
Athena Miranda is the Student of the Week, nominated by Coach Hernandez
From Mr. McFarland
Centurion Night of Worship May 18th at 7pm
From Barbara Little
Thanks to all of you who helped make our very first Fiesta in the Quads a huge success. God was bombarded by so many prayers for beautiful weather on Saturday that HE came through that day. It was a beautiful evening and we've heard so many positive comments. Many thanks to the Black and Gold Fiesta committee who made it happen.
A huge thank you to all the parents who helped us on Saturday set up and take down the tables, chairs, decorations for Fiesta.
Many thanks to the students who helped out that evening - you were critical to the success of the evening. Thank you to our students who sang, danced and provided music and lighting.
And last but not least, to all the parents who purchased tickets to support our schools. We are blessed by all of you.
From Ms. Lindstrom
Yearbooks still on sale! Order now!
From StJPII Faculty & Staff
Thank you to the PTO for the lunch you provided this week for teacher appreciation!! You are a blessing!
Thank you for all your donations for the Spring Raffle. Congratulations to the winners:
1ST Prize Winner- Michael Sanchez
2nd Prize Winner- Danielle Patterson
3rd Prize Winner- Maria Pruneda
4th Prize Winner- Jennifer Martinez
5th Prize Winner- Elizabeth Flores
6th Prize Winner- Debbie A
7th Prize Winner- Hector Pena
8th Prize Winner- Steve Cerda
9th Prize Winner- Erika Villanueva
10th Prize Winner- J. Thornburgh
11th Prize Winner- Tessa Perez
12th Prize Winner- David Kelly
13th Prize Winner- Yvonne Goulet
14th Prize Winner- Cesar De Los Santos
15th Prize Winner- Anthony Arnolds
Raffle prizes can be picked up at the school office.
Contact Erica D. Lozano (361) 548-6344 firstname.lastname@example.org or
Veronica Maxwell (361) 816-9234 email@example.com with any questions.
PICNIC TABLE DONATION:
PTO would like to provide seating for the fans at the Bishop Carmody Field, focusing on our food concession area. For $150 donation, you are providing a 72 in Brown Southern Yellow Pine Rectangle Table. The table will have a 4.5 x 2.5 engraved name plate placed on the table, recognizing the individual(s), family or business for their generous donation to St. John Paul II High School. Please consider helping our school beautify the Bishop Carmody Field. Extended Deadline is Friday, April 30th.
Contact Melissa Perez (361) 549-1201 with any questions or if you would like a form.
From April Esparza
FEMA to Help Pay Funeral Costs for COVID-19-related Deaths
In early April, FEMA will begin providing financial assistance for funeral expenses incurred after Jan. 20, 2020 for deaths related to coronavirus (COVID-19) to help ease some of the financial stress and burden caused by the pandemic. The policy was finalized today, and FEMA is now moving rapidly to implement this funeral assistance program nationwide.
To be eligible for COVID-19 funeral assistance, the policy states:
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien who incurred funeral expenses after Jan. 20, 2020 for a death attributed to COVID-19.
- If multiple individuals contributed toward funeral expenses, they should apply under a single application as applicant and co-applicant. FEMA will also consider documentation from other individuals not listed as the applicant and co-applicant who may have incurred funeral expenses as part of the registration for the deceased individual.
- An applicant may apply for multiple deceased individuals.
- The COVID-19-related death must have occurred in the United States, including the U.S. territories and the District of Columbia.
- This assistance is limited to a maximum financial amount of $9,000 per funeral and a maximum of $35,500 per application.
- Funeral assistance is intended to assist with expenses for funeral services and interment or cremation.
In the coming weeks, a dedicated 800 number will be established to help individuals who apply. In the meantime, potential applicants are encouraged to start gathering the following documentation:
- An official death certificate that attributes the death to COVID-19 and shows that the death occurred in the U. S. The death certificate must indicate the death “may have been caused by” or “was likely the result of” COVID-19 or COVID-19 like symptoms. Similar phrases that indicate a high likelihood of COVID-19 are considered sufficient attribution.
- Funeral expense documents(receipts, funeral home contract, etc.) that include the applicant’s name, the deceased individual’s name, the amount of funeral expenses, and the dates the funeral expenses were incurred.
- Proof of funds received from other sources specifically for use toward funeral costs. Funeral assistance may not duplicate benefits received from burial or funeral insurance, financial assistance received from voluntary agencies, federal/state/local/tribal/territorial government programs or agencies, or other sources.
More information regarding this assistance can be found at COVID-19 Funeral Assistance | FEMA.gov.